The March 23rd general membership meeting will feature a presentation on the D-Star operating mode.
Brian Karcher-KG5GJT, Jerry Burg-N5GKJ and Mike Coulter-K5DKQ will give basic information on the D-Star mode, arguably the most popular amateur digital voice and data mode, particularly on the VHF and UHF bands.
Topics to be covered are:
- The history of D-Star (Digital Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio)
- How does it work?
- What can it do?
- Why is it important to the Jefferson Amateur Radio Club?
- What can I do with D-Star on the Air?
- How do I get on the air?
- Introduction to programming.
- What are Dongles and D-Vaps?
- D-RATS system for files and messages.
- Using the radio.
Please attend the meeting and get a basic understanding of this versatile and capable mode.